Last month, the Offices at Spenryn became the official home to the country’s newest chapter of the American Business Women’s Association (ABWA). The organization has a presence in 28 states, and the North Alabama chapter is the second chapter in Alabama.
The process of starting ABWA in north Alabama began more than a year ago, and was made complete last month with the installation of our first set of officers. The past year has included monthly business development meetings, networking and coordinating with the parent organization to get to the point of becoming an official chapter. We are now honored to have the following strong, business-minded women lead and grow the organization:
- Laura Ann Gray, President, Owner of Excelsior Studios
- Lisa Smith Vice President, Owner of The Offices at Spenryn and Tradebank Huntsville
- Key Common, Secretary, Owner of Ramona J’s Restaurant
- Anita Eno, Treasurer, Prayers Are Answered, Inc
The American Business Women’s Association strives to bring together like-minded women who are looking to advance their career, own a business or want to develop professionally. ABWA provides opportunities for personal and professional growth through leadership, education and networking. The organization was founded in 1949 in Kansas City, MO.
The new north Alabama ABWA chapter meets monthly at the Offices at Spenryn. Each meeting includes networking opportunities and a guest speaker to teach, educate or inform members about business development and trends. Yearly membership in the organization is $115 nationally and $85 local dues and includes:
- Affiliation with the local and parent organizations
- Discounted access to national online classes focused on professional development
- Access to members-only Facebook and Linked-In groups
- Complimentary subscription to the bi-monthly Achieve newsletter
- Complimentary subscription to the three-times a year Women in Business magazine
- Discounts on business books
- Free $1,500 accidental death insurance
As the organization develops and grows, we’d love to add more members from across north Alabama. Please contact us for more information about membership, speaking opportunities and what it means to become a leader in advancing women’s business opportunities.
To Your Success,
The Offices at Spenryn